5 Facts of Cash for Cars Junkyards to be Aware of When Selling Your Junk Car
Junkyards are large lots filled with many old, damaged, unusable, and unwanted junk like cars and trucks. These items can also extend to old equipment, industrial goods, building materials, and more. Junkyards with vehicles are known as auto junkyards.
Junkyards are often the final resting place for many things that people cannot put into landfills. There are various known categories of junkyards. The vast majority of these junkyards survive by supplying used goods like used car parts to customers who need cheaper used parts for their vehicles, for example. Here are some of the common types of auto junkyards out there.
TYPES OF JUNKYARDS WHERE YOU CAN GET CASH FOR CARS
- Auto Scrap Yards: An auto scrap yard is a junkyard that focuses on the recycling value of automobiles. Usually, these cars are very old, very damaged and cannot be repaired. These junkyards sell car parts and scrap metals worth any money to recyclers. Some car parts, like catalytic converters, are full of precious elemental metals. Sometimes these parts will be worth more than the total value of the junk car. It comes down to being able to get them out, and broken apart to scrap.
- Auto Salvage yards: These are junkyards usually focused on recovery vehicles. These are vehicles classified as total depreciation (or totaled) by the insurance company. They attract car enthusiasts and businesses because they have cheap replacement parts available for their customers and themselves. Salvage yard customers typically look at various damaged vehicles in stock in the junkyard. The customer then removes all the necessary parts they need and negotiate or pay the price the junkyard is asking.
- Car Wrecking Yards: Wrecking yards are very similar to scrapyard and salvage yards. The term wrecking yard is often used in other parts of the English-speaking world. It's essentially the same as junkyard and junkyard but under a different name.
- Online Junkyards: If you can't find a junkyard nearby, you can also search online for the parts you need. Many junkyards list detailed inventory on the Internet, and you can search for them to find precisely what you are looking for. You cannot see the parts directly, but some scrap yards offer limited or other quality guarantees. Some junkyards allow you to deliver the details directly to the door, while others require you to go to the junkyard to pick up the parts yourself.
WHAT ABOUT THE FACTS OF CASH FOR CAR OFFERS FROM JUNKYARDS?
FACT 1 — GETTING CASH FOR CARS AT JUNKYARDS
Junkyards vary greatly in what they may offer you for your car. Don’t try and sell a newer car to a junkyard, you will always get a lower price than expected. They may also look intimidating, but it's essential to ensure the junkyard owner meets your needs. There is no reason you have to deal with an unfriendly or intimidating junkyard when you want to sell a junk car. You can always count on Pull-A-Part to give you the most cash for your junk car, while providing you with a respectful and pleasant customer experience. We have a huge customer-base in more than 20 locations throughout the United States. Check out our reviews and you will be confident knowing that you will get the best experience and the most money selling junk cars to Pull-A-Part near you. The others are just full of junk!
FACT 2 — SELLING A JUNK CAR HELPS THE ENVIRONMENT
Instead of letting your car rot, bring it to a junkyard near you. Junkyards like Pull-A-Part’s are actually contributing to the local environment in positive ways. Not only are we reducing the need for people to buy new car parts, when they can come to pull ones that are used but still usable, but we are helping by ensuring we handle waste properly. When you sell us your junk car, we make sure we use every part of that vehicle, then we recycle what we can, and finally we properly dispose of what cannot be reused in the most eco-friendly ways possible.
FACT 3 — HOW MUCH CAN YOU MAKE JUNKING A CAR?
How much money you make when junking your car is largely determined by where you take your vehicle. If you choose a junkyard, everything you get is the value of your car’s parts and “junk”. If you choose the everyday junk car buyer you might find in a Google search, they will likely argue with you for them to secure a profit. It would be best to use Pull-A-Part as we make sure you get the best price for your junk car, regardless of the condition it is in. Typically you can expect at least $500 dollars for your junk car.
FACT 4 — WHAT KIND OF CARS DO CASH FOR CARS JUNKYARDS BUY?
Junkyards will pretty much buy any kind of car if you bring it to them, except for brand new cars. But be careful not to take something that is not junk, as you will typically get junk prices, and what you may think is a junk car might still be drivable and could become a cheap used car for another person. Pull-A-Part’s junkyard buys all domestic and international vehicle brands and models, whether in service or not. In addition, we pay the best prices for your junk cars and trucks. We buy all manufacturers and models of durable cars, trucks, broken cars, vans and SUVs. Also, if the vehicle is undriveable, we will tow it away for free. Here is a list of the most popular junk cars we typically buy:
- Toyota Corolla
- Nissan Maxima
- Ford F150
- Toyota Camry
- Honda Accord
- Honda Odyssey
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Nissan Sentra
- Ford Mustang
- Ford Expedition
- Honda Civic, among many more.
FACT 5 — WILL CASH FOR CARS JUNKYARDS BUY YOUR CAR WITHOUT A TITLE?
If you are trying to get cash for junk cars, you may also be wondering if you need the title to sell it. It really depends on the State you live in. Some states will require it, others won’t. You can search our junkyard locations near you to see what the laws mandate. In the case you need a title, there are ways to get replacement titles for cheap. On the other hand, if you are in a location where you don’t need a title, then you are good to go. In either case, contact the Pull-A-Part junkyard near you.
At the end of the day, if you are wanting to get cash for your junk car, make the easy and secure choice, contact Pull-A-Part. Our excellent customer service and satisfaction is unmatched. Other local junkyards cannot match our level of service, nor can they offer the prices and payouts we provide our customers. We will get you the best price for your junk car, so you can get cash as soon as possible. We will even come out and tow your clunker away for you, when we buy it!
Call or fill out the form below for your free quote
Is this car complete?
For a car to be complete, the following criteria must be met:
- No major mechanical components are missing, including the catalytic converter, engine or transmission
- All wheels are included
- All major body parts are intact, including all doors, hood and trunk