If you're wondering if you can sell a junk car in Tennessee without a title, the answer is yes, if it's old enough. If your vehicle is eleven years old or newer, you need a title to sell it in Tennessee. No other form of ownership documents will be accepted. 

If your car is twelve-years-old or older, you have options to sell your junk car without a title. You can use the registration, but the name on the registration must match the name on the seller's ID. Don't have the registration either? You can sell your car with the Bill of Sale, and the name on the Bill of Sale must match the name on the seller's ID. Then as usual, we always need the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of your junk car.

If you are selling a car without a title and can play by those rules for Tennessee, why not give us a call? A junk car specialist will make it as easy as possible, and ask you just a few questions:

  • What is the year, make and model of the car you want to sell?
  • Where is your junk car located?
  • Is the car missing any major parts like the engine, transmission, catalytic converter or wheels?
  • Is there any major damage to the junk car from fire, flood or an accident?

Based on the current price for scrap metal, the weight of your car, condition and completeness, you can expect about $250-$500. We will tow your car away for free and Pull-A-Part will schedule a local hauler in the Knoxville, Memphis or Nashville area to meet you for the pickup.

Call Pull-A-Part to get that junk car out of your yard and on to ours!

Knoxville Pull-A-Part
5800 Rutledge Pike
Knoxville, TN  37924

Memphis Pull-A-Part
2955 Farrisview Blvd.
Memphis, TN  38118-9519

Nashville Pull-A-Part
7114 Centennial Blvd.
Nashville, TN  37209

Add Comment
Fill out the form below.
A representative will be in touch within 24 hours.
Follow Us
Archived Posts